Friday, December 9, 2011

My last photo shoot…

… of 2011 !!  It sure was a busy fall season for photo shoots for me, but it is ending just at the right time! I don’t have another shoot until spring and after the very hectic past 3 months, that works for me. I love my job ~ meeting so many wonderful homeowners, seeing such amazing homes, traveling the by ways, highways and back roads with a dear friend to do just that, but it doesn’t end when I pack up my gear and head home. There is a lot to it once I get home from a shoot. I still have so many photos to sort through from the fall and now I will enjoy doing that work on the cold winter days after Christmas in the comfort of my home. The cameras, lights, umbrellas, tripods and extension cords will stay packed away for awhile!

For this shoot, Audrey and I stayed pretty close to home, heading to Sutton, MA.  Once inside Cheryl’s home, it was if we had taken a step back in time!  Her home is believed to have been built in the mid 1700’s and it was fascinating seeing the wonderful antiques she has collected over the years and how well they fit in her period home.

I took plenty of close-ups for you to enjoy since this will be my last sneak peek for awhile!!

038

041

049

045

084

096

086

089

105

146

154

 

163

160

165

220

159

253

262

410

268

278

And look at this sweet little guy who kept us company all day. He wanted to be in every picture!! Audrey certainly got plenty of snuggle time with him. I think she wanted to take him home!

303

321

363

328

584

 

637

621

624

635

631

 

666

Thank you Cheryl for opening your wonderful home to Audrey and I so that we can share it with our readers!

Looking at the list of homes we have lined up,  I just have to say that the 2013 Holiday issue is going to have a wonderful mix of prim homes ~ something for everyone!!

~**~**~**~**~**~**~

It’s not often we have time to do anything else on the day of a shoot but being so close to home, we decided to make a quick stop a local dairy store, driving through the beautiful New England countryside to get there. Old homes along with fields and pastures bordered by hundreds of years old stone walls is such a common sight here in New England but it never gets old for us. 

We found the dairy store after a slight detour by more old homes. Audrey is such an animal lover ~ she found a few friends outside just waiting for her!!  Although they seem to be confused as to whether they are cows or reindeer, Audrey didn’t seem to mind!

689

It was just another wonderful day on the job!!

Until next time ~ prim blessings and hugs, Linda

10 comments:

Civil Folks said...

Such a beautiful home. The pictures tell a wonderful story.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home.Love all the neat things you have.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I quickly scanned through your photos (too impatient to read at first!) and thought... oh, that looks like Cheryl's... Yep! Can't wait to see the article, her home is absolutely beautiful! Glad you girls had fun~

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Awesome pictures. You are so blessed for having an amazing job like that, that gives you the opportunity to see wonderful homes first.

Kitty said...

Fascinating! What beautiful shots of such time weathered looking pieces! Love all the little Cmas trees with the dried oranges!

Anonymous said...

Well, there looks like there's a well deserved "rest" in the near future for you. I hope you get to enjoy a bit of the slower pace of life in the post holiday winter months ahead.
Wonderful photos. You're so talented! :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

This will be one I'll be looking forward to a little bit more perhaps than even the others - it looks like Cheryl has some amazing pieces! Can't wait!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend - and enjoy the "down time!" Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures..

Y1M said...

What a Wonderful FUN post. Love the Super pictures of Cheryl's Beautiful home. Thanks for the large pictures too. So looking forward to seeing this home in the future. You girls did great here.

Yes, I say it's a perfect time for a break...and Well deserving too. You girls have really out done yourselves. You've brought us so much fun. I mean....just think of the MANY PICTURES that have been posted on the blog alone?

Enjoy your time and thanks so much for sharing with us.

Prim CHRISTmas Blessing to you.
Marlene

Alicia said...

UN BLOG MUY LINDO,,,,
SALUDITOS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...