Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Sneak Peek – Christmas in the Catskills

An early December morning rose bright and unseasonably warm as I headed for the home of Janice & John Elderkin. My trip took me thru the scenic Catskill Mountains of New York, only a hop, skip and a jump from my own home. Janice and John greeted me warmly as I stepped into their beautiful place all decorated for Christmas! John lit the home’s 3 fireplaces while Janice showed me around and I unpacked my equipment. There was lots to do so I got busy while Janice eagerly told me about all the changes she and John had made to their home over the years. Lunch time came before I knew it and Janice treated me to a delicious soup, bread and 2 delectable desserts set out on her beautiful kitchen table. Christmas trees were lit and  decorated all over the house, with Santas peeking at me from around each corner! As the sun was setting and I was packing up, Janice and John presented me with a beautiful wooden candle sconce that they had made! I was so touched! It was a great day and so wonderful to meet 2 new friends!  Please enjoy a few sneak peeks into this gorgeous home!

frontdoor

 

101_0777

 

fireplace

 

christmas

 

santaBR

 

kitchencounter

 

santawindow

 

redware

 

lamptable

Thank you Janice and John for inviting me and the readers of APP & CJ into your home!

Until next time ~ prim blessings and hugs, Karen

17 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Karen~Sounds like a very memorable day~
thanks for sharing the peek really enjoyed it~ very inspiring~
looking forward to seeing more~
smiles
Teresa

winterberryprimitives said...

Karen this home looks sooo inviting, thanks for sharing the sneak peek, cant wait for next seasons issue!
hugZ
Lana

Deidre~ said...

WOW! Simply breathtaking and makes me want to pull up a chair and sit by the fire for awhile.What a wonderful sneak peek!Thank you.Deidre~

Ronda said...

What a wonderful sneak peek, simply beautiful, as I'm listening to Christmas songs this morning..thank you!..~Ronda

Kitty said...

Gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing!

The Country Nest said...

Wow, that is inspiring, as I have candles lit, Christmasa caroles playing and I am doing some decorating and hope to bake later.
Thanks for sharing the sneak peak. This home looks sooooo wonderful.
Donna

Sandy said...

WOW...love how everything was captured! Just perfect!

I would sooooo love to have a tour of this home :)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh just Heavenly!! Love the cozy fireplace beyond the dining table.

My Colonial Home said...

As always such wonderful sneak peeks!
Their home is so warm and festive

Karen

~Sara said...

Just a tease! Such a Christmas explosion! Everything looks wonderful, can't wait for next years issue. ~Sara

Janice M said...

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS! Gorgeous home, gorgeous photos. Thanks so much

JenR65 said...

Looks gorgeous from what I can see! Can't wait to see it in print!!

TeresaM said...

What a fun and lucky job you have!!!! Beautiful pictures!

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Simply stunning!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh rats!! We have to wait a whole year to see this??? This is a home after my own heart - I know it!! Love everything I saw!!! Love the sneak peeks - but hate that I know there's more I have to wait for!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

denise said...

beautiful home!!! what happened to the christmas home tours you had on your home page a couple of years ago? the were beautiful to look at. denise

Y1M said...

You know Karen...I was thinking, as mentioned earlier...a WHOLE YEAR of waiting. REALLY??? :DDD Wonderful home, love everything I see. So looking foward to this spread. Your Pictures are Super too, btw. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...